Static proof of stake, version 3
* Initial coin supply: 10,900,000 IONs
- 5 million IONs will be available through the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in exchange for BTC and a wide selection of other cryptocurrencies.
- 3.4 million IONs are allocated to ionomy.com and shall be distributed as structured incentives to gamers through the gaming applications designed by ionomy.com.
- 2.5 million IONs are reserved to pay bounties for coin development.
- Year 1 = 23 IONs per block
- Year 2 = 17 IONs per block
- Year 3 = 11.5 IONs per block
- Year 4 = 5.75 IONs per block
- Years 5 to 9 = 1.85 IONs per block
- Years 10 to 100 = 0.2 IONs per block
* Final coin supply: 55 million total coins
- Target block generation time: 1 minute
- Block height: 1 kb to 8 mb
- 20,000 IONs transaction with 15 block confirmations
- Peer validated network uptime
- Private transactions (0.01 ION fee to masternodes)
- Active masternodes proportionally receive 50% of each block reward.
- Connected wallets rewarded proportional to network uptime and coin volume
Coin development roadmap
- Specified rewards engage talented developers to improve coin functionality
- Developers paid when code is validated to meeting bounty specifications and is merged into the ION core code on github
The above content has been copied from the white paper and is subject to change, for the latest version please visit: https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper